Thursday, December 13, 2012

12/12/12


12/12/12 is supposed to be one of those dates filled with significance in numerology and astrology. In a year of astronomical importance, this was supposed to be one of the big days if not the biggest.   The internet is filled with reports stating that this date in history represents a time of great change.  Here is a sampling of some of the phrases I found on new age websites used to describe 12/12/12.

a beautiful opportunity for transformation and healing on a personal and global level, 
 a window of possibility for an evolutionary leap,
the moment it is easier to experience a glimpse of one’s true Self and nature.
12/12/12 is immediately followed by the New Moon on Thursday, empowering the step into higher dimensional life; the New.

I could go on, and on and on but apparently people looking at the stars and mankind's inner conscious see something great about this date and the times that we are living in.  I don't have any personal opinions on this but it is fascinating and a lot of those phrases I can really relate to my journey.  What I do know is that this time in my own life is a time of great change and personal significance and 12/12/12 was a banner day in a pivotal year.

I met with my therapist yesterday, on 12/12/12.  This was my original therapist that I saw for the first time about a year ago on 12/14/2011.  It was a breakthrough day for me in therapy because I was at last able to finalize the letter to my parents I had been supposedly working on for over 7 months.  Actually as much as I had agonized about this letter and had ideas and input from a few trusted other people including another psychotherapist, the entire letter that I presented to my therapist yesterday was written by me in an inspired 40 minutes one night.  There were a couple of key lines that I took from the template/example letter the therapist had given that I thought were crucial, but I wrote the letter off the cuff and from the heart.  Like many written works, all it needed was a good ending.  Working together yesterday we were able to cut out a couple of redundant sentences and words and most importantly, with a couple of sentences, give my coming out an ending that I feel comfortable with and good about.  It is finished now and ready to present to my mother in 2 weeks, 2 days after Christmas, 12/27/2012.

That is my date in history, mark it on your calendars, it is circled in red on mine.  12/27/2012.  If Christmas were not coming up I would do it tomorrow.  I am no longer worried about it and don't feel any anxiety at this point.  It is just something I have to do, like getting up in the morning and brushing my teeth.  In my mind, the mountain has been reduced to a mole hill.  I've got this one y'all.  I 'm feeling confident that somehow this will work out well and I will update again when it is over with. 

This
                                        Mount Everest, Nepal: elevation 29,035 feet
Has been reduced to this
                                   Medoc "Mountain", North Carolina: elevation 325 feet
                                   Medoc Mountain is not really a mountain at all.  It is, rather, the the core of  what was once a mighty range of mountains. — Medoc Mountain is what remains after millions of years of erosion.

Mt. Everest had been eroded, in my mind, into Medoc Mountain. And for the record I have already "climbed" Medoc Mountains many times, no problem...:)

Another big development from my 12/12/12 therapy appointment yesterday was when my therapist told me that because I have living full time for months with the exception of times visiting my parents, we can count much of this time towards my Real Life Experience.  So essentially I will be able to get my GRS letters and so forth much sooner than expected.  I do not know how that will come into play until I have my talks with my parents.  With the time frame, waiting periods and so forth, it may not make much difference in the long run.  I plan to file for my name change at the first of February anyway, but it refreshing and affirming to be considered full time by one of my medical professionals, at least on some level.

So it's been a year since walking timidly into that therapist's door for the first time.  She is really thrilled with my progress and I guess I am too.  There is no doubt that 2012 has been the best year of my life and if I can finish strong by climbing this "Medoc Mountain" hurdle and having things work out with my family, there is no doubt that next year will be even better.  In 2 weeks what's left of this eroded mountain will probably be no more than a mole hill.  I will wake up that morning, brush my teeth, climb the mountain, then glide down into the valley to live the rest of my life in peace.  See you on the other side.

We now return to our regularly scheduled blogging.  Stay tuned for Hello World: Part 3......









 According to Chinese numerology, ONE is considered a yang number ruled by the sun and represents independence and individualism. TWO is considered a yin number ruled by the moon and represents symmetry and balance. Combined, the number 12 brings harmony to the yin and the yang, balancing the masculine energy of the sun and the feminine energy of the moon.


 
 














 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy,

    I've been slow on the comments lately due to time but rest assured, I have been reading everything.

    I will be thinking of you on the 27 and feel free to contact me any time up to and after if you need to.

    Love,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete